Our country has recently implemented a European directive which, by means of Legislative Decree Nb. 159 of August 1, 2016, increases the protection of workers exposed to electromagnetic fields (EMF) in many industrial fields, such as in electronics, electro- mechanical, electro-hydraulic, biomedical, hospital, railway, building, airport etc. Risk assessment is a central requirement of the provisions of Chapter IV of Title VIII of Legislative Decree 81/2008 – Electromagnetic fields, which identifies measures relating to the protection of workers from the risks of exposure to electromagnetic fields at work and avoids sanctions by the supervisory authorities. In this context, Directive 2013/35 / EU repealed the previous 2004/40 / EC, introducing new provisions for the protection of workers from exposure to electromagnetic fields still inspired by the ICNIRP guidelines. It is therefore of particular importance to the assessment of emissions sources and to verify if such sources comply with the limits of the Directive.
Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore can offer multiple services in this area, such as:
- Identify the sources of emission of electromagnetic fields, according to the electrical parameters supplied (eg. Voltage, current, frequency, power, etc.);
- Carry out the measures to a large and narrow band according to the applicable technical standards;
- Compare the levels measured with the limits laid down by the Directive;
- Draft the technical report showing the results and the description of measurements;
- Provide any intervention actions (analysis and design of any shielding) to reduce the levels of exposure to electromagnetic fields (eg. Electromagnetic shielding).
Tecnolab, through these activities, proposes itself as the ideal technology partner to help companies in the measurement, calculation and monitoring of Electromagnetic Fields EMF in the workplace, allowing the same to comply with the new legislative requirements in force. Our EMC and Electrical Safety Sector Manager ing. Danilo Prina (email@example.com – tel 0323 345 459) is at your disposal for all the necessary needs.