The EMC Automotive department of Tecnolab del lago Maggiore Srl may provide a wide range of tests for the automobile industry.
The variety of tests that can be performed in our laboratories is due to the continuous training of our technical staff and above all to the multi-disciplinary approach which identy Tecnolab in all intervention areas.
In the last years, the car market is affected by a progressive revolution with an increasing impact on new technologies inside all private or industrial vehicles. Hence the requirement from production companies to find technological partners in order to verify all new applications before launching them on the market. Our Automotive department fulfill these precise requirements and consists in a laboratory for measurements of electromagnetic compatibility specializing in immunity tests against high power.
EMC tests measure the magnitude of electromagnetic disturbances emitted by electric/electronic devices and test their susceptibility to different types of disturbances.
The main application field is the specific Sector AUTOMOTIVE REGULATION ECE R10 (addendum 9)
Directive 2004/104/CE (Annex VII , VIII, IX) and Directive 97/24/CE (Annex I , II ,III , IV ,V ,VI , VII).
In our laboratories we carry out the main tests in accordance with regulatory requirements:
- CISPR 25: Vehicles, boats and internal combustion engines – Ratio disturbance characteristics – Limits and methods of measurement for the protection of on-board receivers
- ISO 7637 : Road Vehicles -Electrical disturbance from conduction and coupling
- ISO 7637-2: Electrical transient conduction along supply lines only
- ISO 7637-3: Electrical transient transmission by capacitive and inductive coupling via lines other than supply lines
- ISO 10605 : Road vehicles – Test method for electrical disturbance from electrostatic discharge
- ISO 11452 : Road vehicles – Component test methods for electrical disturbance from narrowband radiated electromagnetic energy
- ISO 11452-2 : Absorber-lined shielded enclosure
- ISO 11452-4 : Harness excitation methods
- ISO 16750 : Road vehicles – Environmental conditions and testing for electrical and electronic equipment
- ISO 16750-2 : Electrical loads
- ISO 16750-3 : Mechanical loads
- ISO 16750-4 : Climatic loads
Last news: New customized tests with automotive technical specifications
In addition to EMC testing, it carries out:
- vibration tests (also in climatic chamber)
- noise measurements
- salt spray tests (corrosion)
- heat testing
- failure analysis
- tensile fatigue and compression tests
- aging tests on rubber and plastic.
EMClab for agricultural industry
The breakthrough technologies based on radiofrequency and microwaves find application in the agro-industrial sector, where the need for innovation of large-scale production processes is becoming increasingly important in relation to guarantee an agriculture with a low environmental impact.
Some examples of application in this sector are:
- New methods of “fast” drying and/or cooking using radio-waves
- Microwaves applications for the bacteria abatement process
- Traceability of products of the agri-food chain through RFID
Equipment used during tests in the Automotive sector
The laboratories dedicated to the Automotive sector of Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl use an Anechoic Chamber
- dimension 7mx3mx3m
- Frequency range from 10kHz to 18GHz
Which companies is it addressed to
The tests of the Automotive sector of Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl are addressed to companies of the automotive industry and more, they refer to electronic devices or components that may generate an electromagnetic field. Thanks to our tests it is possible to verify their devices in accordance with regulatory requirements.
The measurements allow to obtain feedbacks on conformity with regulatory requirements. In case of negative results, Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl offers a full support for the customer helping him in the modification process necessary to comply with the regulatory requirements.
TECNOLAB DEL LAGO MAGGIORE SRL
28924 – Verbania Fondotoce (VB)