Introduction to electric safety testing and verification
Electric safety in relation to the user of power supplied products should be checked and verified by electrical tests and measurements generally designated as electric safety tests.
Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl is one of the few institutions that provides contextual tests of electric compatibility and safety. This method allows the customer to carry out all tests relying on a single contact point.
Tests and verifications of electric safety are carried out in accordance with the Directive LVD 2014/35/EU, the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, the Directive 2014/34/EU (ATEX).
Conformity tests in accordance with following standards: EN 60335, EN 60950, EN 60065, EN 60204, EN 60601, EN 61010, EN 60598, EN 62776, EN 61812, EN 62061, EN 60730, EN 60669, EN 60825, EN 60947, EN 61800, EN 62384, EN 61347, EN 62031, EN 60079.
Following tests and verifications are carried out:
- humidity preconditioning
- dielectric strength test to be carried out before and after the hygroscopic treatment
- leakage current to be carried out before and after the hygroscopic treatment
- measurements of earth conductor resistance
- verification of operating temperatures
- mechanical resistance
- power absorption
- heating tests
- distance measurements in the air and through insulation
- construction verifications
- plate and documentary data verification
- functional tests
- drafting of declaration of conformity
- risk analysis verification
Verification and determination of the protection type IP (International Protection): tests carried out in accordance with standards EN 60529, DIN 40050-9, ISO 20653. Tests on casings/packaging against external mechanic impacts (code IK):
Tests carried out in accordance with EN 62262 and EN 60068-2-75 (vertical hammer test). Fire hazard testing:
- glowing/hot-wire based test method – tests carried out in accordance with standards EN 60695-2-10, EN 60695-2-11, EN 60695-2-12 and EN 60695-2-13
- flame test methods – tests carried out in accordance with standards EN 60695-11-10 and EN 60695-11-20
- abnormal heat and ball pressure test – tests carried out in accordance with standard EN 60695-10-2
All electric safety tests are preparatory for the verification of all necessary requirements for CE marking.
Which companies is it addressed to
Tests and verifications of electric safety are generally carried out in combination with compatibility tests. Also this type of testing is addressed to companies operating in the electrical and electronic sectors that need to test their products manufactured by themselves or imported from extra EU countries. Tests are carried out on civil, industrial, medical, audio/video and ITE (Information Technology Equipment) products.
The tests allow to obtain feedbacks on conformity with regulatory requirements. In case of negative results, Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl provides a step by step support helping the customer in the modification process necessary to comply with the regulatory requirements.
TECNOLAB DEL LAGO MAGGIORE SRL
28924 – Verbania Fondotoce (VB)