Introduction to Elastomers testing
Elastomer is a polymer in elastic form (rubber) characterized by weak or strong bonds that strengthen the structure, enhancing its mechanical performances. In common terms, it is rubber. A wide spread material both for domestic purpose and for industrial applications in the household and automotive sector.
Tecnolab del Lago Maggiore Srl carries out tests on elastomers in accordance with standards EN 681, EN 682 and EN 549. The main properties that can be tested are:
- Determination of hardness in accordance with ISO 48
- Tensile stress-strain properties test in accordance with ISO 37
- Determination of tear strength in accordance with ISO 34
- Compression set in air at ambient, high and low temperature in accordance with ISO 815
- Determination of the action of liquids in accordance with ISO 1817
- Accelerated aging and heat resistance in accordance with ISO 188
Thanks to our tests it is possible to carry out the necessary verifications in order to apply for the DVGW certification compulsory to sell products and materials in the German market.
Which companies is it addressed to
This testing is addressed to companies dealing with elastomers and wishing to verify that the properties of their materials are in compliance with the main standards.
Thanks to the elastomer testing it is possible to obtain all necessary results in order to request the material certification to European institutions.
Once all tests on material properties have been completed, results will be sent to the customer who will have a feedback on the compliance with the regulatory requirements. Non-compliant materials can be modified in order to carry out new tests confirming their conformity.
TECNOLAB DEL LAGO MAGGIORE SRL
28924 – Verbania Fondotoce (VB)