Introduction to non-metallic materials testing
Unlike metal alloys, our verification activities for non-metallic materials consist in characterizing the specific IR spectrum for each material. Besides, we carry out accelerated aging tests by combined controlled environments, solar aging and by contact with chemical reagents, hardness, resilience, tensile and bending strength, colour analysis.
Main equipment used during non-metallic alloys testing
- For these tests we use FT-IT spectrometers for the spectrum characterization
- Mechanical tests as resilience, tensile and bending strength
- Verification of colours by colorimeter
- For accelerated aging tests we use climatic chambers
- The contact with chemical reagents is verified by specific tests: immersion, deposition, rubbing or nebulization.
Which companies is it addressed to
This testing is addressed mainly to manufacturers and importers that wants to verify non-metallic materials and determine the resistance in controlled environments.
The tests results have the objective of characterizing non-metallic materials. For materials in contact with foodstuff, tests should establish the conformity in terms of food safety, in accordance with laws.
TECNOLAB DEL LAGO MAGGIORE SRL
28924 – Verbania Fondotoce (VB)